Monday, June 30, 2014

28 Weeks

How far along? 28 weeks.
Baby Hart is the size of:  A large eggplant... according to babycenter of course.... but I would like to second the large part ;-)
Total weight gain/loss: 16 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yes, and even they are getting tight... you know you're in the 3rd trimester when that happens;-)
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: Well I was at my SIL's for most of the week and well... going to bed at a decent time may have been low on my priority list... ;-)
Best moment this week: Seeing my almost-3-yr-old nephew's eyes light up when he felt my belly as the baby kicked!
Miss anything?  I missed my hubby as he was gone with my SIL's hubby on a business trip.  Random fact, I always re-read the corresponding week from this blog from back when I was pregnant with Silas...and on my 28 week post with him, Jason had also been gone on a business trip!  
Movement: Still tons, and some of it's getting a little weird/tickle-y feeling and some of it's even a little scratchy-feeling... yeah, not the most comfortable thing in the world;)
Food cravings:  Lobster and sushi.  Don't ask me.
Symptoms:  Sciatica, and that nasty feeling like food is always crawling back up my throat from my stomach like I had in the first trimester.  Yeah, it's as gross as it sounds.
Showing?  So, true story: I dropped a bunch of ice in a gas station (don't ask) and as I'm trying to clean it up the worker guy comes over all frantic and with this thick accent is like "Ma'am!  Ma'am!  Don't do that, let me do that- I don't want you to deliver your baby!  I'd rather clean this up than deliver your baby."  So yeah, I'm showing. ;)
Gender:  It's a boy!
Belly button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Adjustments?  Adjusting to this big belly... I keep bumping it into things and just generally under-estimating it's size;)  But it makes a great lap tray.  Score.
Emotions: Excited!  And terrified!! Haha!;)
Learned this week:  That a friend just named her baby the name me and Jason had just about decided on.... But she lives far away... sooooo.... to stick with it or keep looking for another??  Decisions decisions.... 
So thankful for: My SIL and her help and the fun we could have this week while our hubby's were gone!
Looking forward to:  Getting my glucose screening test done this Thursday and having that behind me:p

1 comment:

  1. STICK WITH YOUR NAME!!! If it's not family, stick with your name!! :) Don't worry about it!! I had such fun with you being here, too!! :) Also, that is SO funny about picking up the ice and the man not wanting to deliver your baby - that is hilarious!! :)

    ReplyDelete