Monday, June 23, 2014

27 weeks


How far along? 27 weeks.
Baby Hart is the size of:  A head of cauliflower.
Total weight gain/loss: It's been a few weeks since my last doc appointment and weight check- so the 12 pounds gained at that point, plus the 300 I've gained in the last 3 weeks;)
Maternity clothes? Oh yes, and today I literally declared to my husband that I was torn because this crazy heat makes me want to wear my maternity dresses and skirts, but then I would look extra weird if I didn't do my make-up... soooo to do my make-up and be cooler.... or be warmer and not have to do my make-up... decisions, decisions;) 
Stretch marks? Not yet...but so itchy!:/
Sleep: Got quite a few GREAT nights of sleep last week thanks to my fabulous in-laws taking Silas on a trip to Atlanta last week to visit my SIL's fam!!:)
Best moment this week:  Having such a nice break for a few days while Silas was with my in-laws.  I got to catch up on much needed rest and lots of stuff on my to-do list.  Jason and I had some much needed dates too!!  It was a huge blessing after these last few crazy months, and before these next few crazy months hit too!
Miss anything? Running not pregnant, in the not 800 degree weather, and without pushing a jogging stroller.  Yeah, those were the days;)
Movement: Still tons, and the baby has had several rounds of hiccups lately too!
Food cravings:  Bagels and cream cheese!  And you don't even want to know about the mammoth sized cream cheese container I got at Sam's Club;):)
Symptoms:  Sciatica, round ligament pains (grow belly grow:P ), achy back, Braxton Hicks, and a general feeling of weakness.  Ah the impending doom of the 3rd trimester coming;) 
Showing?  I'd say so.
Gender:  He's a he! :)
Belly button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Adjustments? Trying to mentally adjust and prepare for the 3rd trimester that's about to hit;)
Emotions:  So excited for having an infant again!!! Can't wait for the newborn smells and snuggles!  Also a little terrified at ALL that is going on in these next few months: we're suppose to close on our house on July 18th, have a ton of work to do on it before our lease ends on July 30th, are suppose to also pack and move in that time of doing all that work, AND I'm taking a super huge, critical interpreter's certification exam in Atlanta on August 4th.  Holy cow.  And oh yeah, get ready for this baby too;)
Learned this week:  That deciding on a name this time around is going to be QUITE the challenge;)
So thankful for:  The amazing break my in-laws gave me and Jason:)
Looking forward to:  Going to my SIL's in Atlanta on Wedneday!!
 Other highlights:  Silas has suddenly become more interested in and aware of the "baby in mommy's belly"- someone asked him where mommy's baby was and he totally came over and patted my belly (and also lifted his shirt and checked out his own belly LOL).  He's also come over randomly throughout the day to pat and snuggle my belly.  So precious!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment