Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 37




How far along? 37 weeks.
Baby Hart is the size of:  A winter melon.
Total weight gain/loss:  Lost 1/2 lb. so 25 gained even.
Maternity clothes? I don't even want to go there.   Between the 100+ temps and my massive belly I am getting quite the use out of the couple of things that make me not as miserable.  And then there's Jason's T-shirts....
Stretch marks? I think I might be getting a little one above my belly button... however, that area is so bizarre looking right now it's hard to tell :P
Sleep: Not so awesome this week.
Best moment this week:  Having our last ultrasound this past Thursday!  And getting our prenatal pics:):)
Miss anything? Cooler temps.  And crossing me legs;)
Movement: Been the same, and totally golden!
Food cravings:  Ice cream.
Symptoms:  Sciatic pain :P And swollen feet/hands, prolly mainly thanks to the insane heat;)
Showing?  I'm a truck.
Gender:  Lil boy:)
Belly button in or out?  Out and weird.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Adjustments?  Adjusting to the quickly moving countdown....
Emotions: Excited and anxious for the big day!  And a lil confused as to my lack of nesting;)
Learned this week:  Learned some fun things about our lil munchkin at our ultrasound.  Baby Hart's head is good and super low.  It was also confirmed that he has Jason's long toes;)  And the one thing measuring bigger than schedule?  His belly;)  
So thankful for:  Water!  I've been so hit by how amazing it is to have clean, cold water accessible all the time.  I was watering our flowers outside the other day and all the sudden realized how crazy that would seem to so many people in the world- we water our flowers.  We're that blessed with water, we can pour it on our plants.  Such a blessing- and I'm deeply grateful!
Looking forward to: Getting the last couple things off the "to-do-before-baby" list this week!  Then I'm gonna start trying alll the old wives tales to get this train a rollin'!:)
Other highlights: We got our car seat and stroller all set up and installed this week!  And our hospital bag almost completely packed! So neat to feel so close to "ready" :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Emily, I love the "I'm a truck." But you still look SO cute, I promise!! :) So happy for you getting the car seat and stroller set up and your bag all packed - love that it's getting SO close and I'm super anxious to know his name!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!!! You are ALMOST there! It's hard being so uncomfortable, though :-(. It's so funny how loooooooong these last days feel and like the baby will neeeeveeeer come out, but one day all of a sudden he will be born and you will hardly believe the little (or big!) baby you're holding in your arms is the one that was in your belly for so long! Pregnancy is such an amazing journey...I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete